FireFighter Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The great chief meeting in Phoenix a couple of months ago...

3 posters

Go down

The great chief meeting in Phoenix a couple of months ago... Empty The great chief meeting in Phoenix a couple of months ago...

Post  BJunkin Wed May 20, 2009 10:40 am

While attending Haz-Mat school in Mesa a couple of months ago, I was listening to one of the BC's from Rural talk about how some of the chiefs from Gilbert, AJ, Chandler and Mesa were discussing getting their own city run ambos. They were discussing this at a meeting that all of the departments had together to dicuss the upcoming budget issues...
The interesting thing was that they almost got laughed out of the room by the EMS chief for Phoenix who told them that he could cut EMS completely out of their budget, go with a service like PMT or SW, and nearly make up the budget shortfall Phoenix is dealing with.

Talk amongst yourselves, I've given you a topic! LOL
BJunkin
BJunkin
Reserve

Back to top Go down

The great chief meeting in Phoenix a couple of months ago... Empty Re: The great chief meeting in Phoenix a couple of months ago...

Post  AHansen Wed May 20, 2009 5:42 pm

I think what all these "big wigs" fail to recognize is that the average private ambulance service can not pay its bills without the help of doing the inter-facility transfers (almost guaranteed money). People always think that it would be so easy to start their own ambulance system, but fail to realize what it costs to actually run that system. That cost in turn (when public/gov agency) gets sent to the tax payers, who feel then that they shouldn't have to pay for the ambulance transport because they already pay for the service with their taxes.
AHansen
AHansen
Reserve

Back to top Go down

The great chief meeting in Phoenix a couple of months ago... Empty Re: The great chief meeting in Phoenix a couple of months ago...

Post  Noonespecial Sat May 23, 2009 10:12 pm

Heya H..!!

I have to say I have to agree. I pay 1900.00 a year in taxes, but then have to pay $900.00 to be transported LITERALLY across the street. I am not sure I wouldn't just hop.

Private ambulance services can charge what they want but with public, the public gets doubled dipped.

Anyway, just my opinion.. Very Happy And I have MANY of them.. Very Happy

LC

Noonespecial
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum